We always appreciate the donation of supplies! Please consider, though, making a cash contribution towards the purchase of supplies that only we can purchase. This includes vaccinations,
medicines, microchips, flea and tick preventative, heartworm and feline leukemia test kits and more.
There are also bills to pay. We know it's not as much fun to help us pay the telephone bill as it is to buy dog toys, but having telephone and internet service is a
necessary part of operating an animal shelter.
Our monthly expenses total between $20,000 and $22,000. These expenses include the purchase of the above listed supplies as needed, utility bills and maintenance,
payroll, and the veterinary bill, which usually exceeds $6,000 each month.
We have one full-time and three part-time paid staff, so a commitment to volunteer would help offset payroll expenses, as well. We have about 15 regular volunteers.
ONE of these volunteers makes a contribution that offsets payroll. ONE.
The point — THE ANIMALS NEED YOU.
- Dog and Cat Food: The only brands of food we use are Purina Kitten Chow, Iams, Nutro products, or better. No generics, store brands or similar quality will be used for our pets,
sorry! Any food donations that we don't use will be donated to the Green Lake Food Pantry. Shelter life is extremely stressful. A high quality food is
critical to the health of the cats and dogs in our care. Generic and cheaper brands cause or worsen the intestinal distress of the already stressed pets. Foods that do not meet our standard of care
will be donated to needy pets and their families in the Green Lake Area
- Clorox Clean Up or any disinfecting cleaner with bleach
- Any cleaning products, such as Windex or toilet bowl cleaner
- Clorox Wipes or any disinfecting wipes with or without bleach
- CAT LITTER, any brand
- Dog and Cat Treats, any brand
- Tennis balls
- Dog and cat Toys, any kind
- Garbage bags
- Laundry detergent
- Dish soap
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Towels and blankets (no sheets, comforters, sleeping bags, electric blankets or pillows)
- Washable toys and beds
- Plastic crates or metal kennels of any size, and in good condition, especially small cat carriers