Here are a few things to consider if you need to surrender a pet:
- There are options such as classified ads or craigslist, but, in our opinion, these options don't always lend themselves to finding homes that are committed to a new pet.
- What are the factors that have brought you to this decision and how do these factors affect the likelihood that your pet will find a new home?
- Is yours a situation where humane euthanasia is a kinder option, such as an aggressive animal that would not be placed for adoption, or a pet with advanced or significant health issues?
- Please consider that if there are issues with your pet that mean you must remove it from your home, how these issues affect the potential 'adoptability' of your pet. What we mean is this: you
already have an emotional bond with your pet, and still you must remove it from your home. Will a potential adopter with no emotional connection look past your pet's issues?
- Animal shelters such as ours are experienced in finding new homes for unwanted pets. We thoroughly evaluate pets and screen potential adopters, so that we can make permanent matches of people
- If you are having behavioral or training issues, we may be able to help, so please call us at (920) 294-3042.
- If you would like to bring the pet to our shelter, here are some guidelines.