N6217 Busse Drive • Green Lake, WI 54941 • (920) 294-3042 • adopt@glaas.org
N6217 Busse Drive • Green Lake, WI 54941 • (920) 294-3042 • adopt@glaas.org

What is Animal Control?

Every city, town, or village decides for itself what animal control services it will provide for its citizens. The money used to pay for these services often comes from your dog and cat license fees. This is just one of the reasons it is important for you to license your pet!


Call them animal control officers, constables or even dog catchers, they provide the important service of assisting people by handling stray animal complaints. Some municipalities employ a Humane Officer to address abuse or neglect situations. Many rely on law enforcement for this service.


The Green Lake Area Animal Shelter no longer maintains any municipal animal control contracts. However, we accept all animals in need. Some cities or townships maintain animal control contracts with other agencies, and we may refer you to the appropriate agency for your township. Many townships, especially in rural areas, ignore stray animals altogether. The only way this will change is if YOU, the taxpayer, insist on it.


Since every municipality has a different procedure for dealing with stray animals, you must contact your local law enforcement or animal control officer for assistance.

Thank You to Our
Corporate Sponsors!
Click to Learn More

Use Goodshop to support Green Lake Area Animal Shelter Goodshop works with more than 5,000 stores and donates up to 20% of your purchase back to GLAAS.
Print Print | Sitemap
© Green Lake Area Animal Shelter